If ROI is high on your agenda when it comes to email marketing, then this is the blog post for you!
Today we’re sharing the knowledge and telling you exactly how you can make your email marketing newsletters work much, much harder for you and in doing so, turn them into profitable campaigns in their own right. We’re talking big results here and once you learn how, you’ll be itching to get started!
It’s actually really straightforward…
There are just 4 simple steps to success:
- Send out your email marketing newsletter on day 1
- Send it again on day 3 but only to those who haven’t already opened it
- Post out your related promotional leaflet or catalogue to arrive on day 7
- Send a follow up email marketing newsletter reminding the customer to place their order on day 14
Why does it work?
The easy answer is: you’re providing 4 opportunities for customers to buy rather than just 1. But let’s break this down step by step:
- Your email marketing newsletter goes out on day 1. Roughly 20% of people will open it. Of the people who open it let’s say 5% click through to your website to buy. Your database consists of 1000 people so you’re looking in the region of 200 opens and 10 sales. If you just relied on this email marketing newsletter, you will just make 10 sales.
- Re-sending the email marketing newsletter out to the 800 people who didn’t open it the first time will assure you of additional opens. In our experience this is usually a slightly lower open rate around 15%, but that’s still 120 more people potentially opening your newsletter then if you didn’t send it at all. Assume again roughly 5% of those people click through and you’re looking at around 6 more sales. So already that’s a 60% increase in sales within a few days.
- Almost 4 times as many people read all their post than open emails. So if they didn’t read your initial email, or read it but forgot about it, they are unlikely to miss your posted leaflet / catalogue. On top of this, catalogues sit very nicely on the coffee table and get looked at for up to 6 weeks after their arrival, drip feeding you with additional orders for a longer period of time. Let’s break this down in the same way we have with email: your catalogue has been sent out to 1000 customers on your database. 790(ish) people open it. If we assume similar sales rates of 5% then you could anticipate an additional 40 sales – 4 times as much as your initial email alone.
- Your follow up email marketing newsletter then reminds everyone who has received an email and / seen your catalogue, but haven’t yet made a purchase, that now is the time to buy. People are busy and quite simply could have forgotten so your prompt will pull through additional sales. Looking at the same maths as before, your follow up email will go out to 944 customers (your 1000 database minus 56 sales made so far). A 20% open rate will mean 188 people have just been reminded to make their purchase. Again if we assume 5% of these will click to buy, then you’ve just added 9 more sales to your total.
What’s stopping you?
By following these steps it’s easy to see how 10 sales can be boosted 6.5 times to 65 sales. Imagine if each one of these orders were worth £100 – that’s an increase from sales of £1000 to £6500 for just 1 email marketing campaign.
What’s stopping YOU from turning this into a regular, monthly campaign cycle and consistently boosting results all year long?
Contact our #PrintGeeks Today
0800 093 2960